WHAT WE DO
Haines McGregor is a proudly independent Brand & Innovation Agency.
We combine strategic thinking with vibrant creativity to create Richer Brands… brands that reflect the richness of the world and the people in it.
HMc specialises in the FMCG sector, with a focus on food & drink, working closely with a select group of major, forward-thinking companies including Carlsberg, Diageo, and Arla, to shape some of the worlds biggest brands.
Our work is varied, but can be grouped into three types of projects…
1 | Brand Positioning
This means defining and designing the brand’s offering and image to occupy a distinctive place in the mind of their target. We combine conceptual thinking with standout design to give brands a clear and competitive point of view, with creative guidance across an array of real-world touchpoints, delivered to our clients in impactful digital toolkits and brand bibles.
2 | Innovation
This means spotting new opportunities for brands to stay relevant in a constantly changing world. We stay close to trends, identify opportunities, develop new product ideas and then visualise them in a way that can capture a real-life experience, for testing in research or handing on to a packaging agency for design detailing and artworking.
3 | Category Development
This means using storytelling and creativity to breathe life into a host of other growth-orientated internal initiatives such as audience segmentation, defining innovation processes and shaping category strategy – making the complex, simple. We take our tools for consumer brand-building and apply them to internal initiatives, giving them the same visual impact as consumer-facing comms.
This all means that we access and advise some of the most influential people in the business world, providing a unique perspective that is really valued. Our close senior partnerships and integrated teams mean that our creative people can shape the conversation from the start and gain unparalleled exposure from junior to director.
We are searching for a bright, senior creative to join our design team, taking on the role of Senior Designer within a growing, fully integrated agency of 16 people.
As a Senior Designer at Haines McGregor, you will be responsible for creative, conceptual and strategic thinking, using different mediums to bring to life brand and innovation ideas with real impact. The position requires a breadth of experience and enthusiasm for a variety of work; whilst we don’t expect all our designers to have expertise in every area, some of the key outputs you will work across are:
- Visualised Packaging Concepts
- Brand Identity Concepts
- Visual Brand Worlds
- Brand Design Guidance – typography, palette, photography, pack etc.
- Conceptual Key Visuals
- Information Design and Infographics
- Practical Toolkit Creation
- Styling Strategic Models
- Semiotic Reviews
- Sizzle Reel Videos (film expertise not a requirement)
- Brand Films (film expertise not a requirement)
- Brand and Concept Naming (in partnership with Strategists)
At this level, we’re looking for someone who can be a trusted point of contact and source of expertise for our clients, whilst also supporting and sharing expertise with the rest of the team. The role will also involve working with our Head of New Business and Strategy team to develop compelling proposals in response to new briefs.
For a behind-the-scenes look into what it’s like to be a designer at Haines McGregor, click here for Liam’s blog on his working day.
We are looking for someone with…
- 5+ years agency experience working across household FMCG brands
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite + Mircosoft Office (specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & PowerPoint)
- An understanding of the role of consumer insight, brand positioning and consumer-led marketing practices in the context of brand development
- The ability to communicate and present clearly, both visually and verbally
- The confidence to take on a variety of projects that will stretch skills, mixing mediums to suit the client challenge, and thinking bigger than just making things look great
- The ability to able take a brief and run with it… sometimes leading a larger team, sometimes in a tight unit and sometimes independently
- Flexible working location (WFH / Office)
- Monthly team socials
- 25 holiday days, plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Budget towards home-working equipment (tech, office items etc.)
- Plus more!